Start your day off on the right food with a hearty breakfast of eggs, ham and sweet potatoes! Eggs are a breakfast staple for both Paleo and non-Paleo eaters because eggs are nutritious and full of healthy fats to keep us satisfied until lunch. This recipe comes from Paleo Leap.
- 10 eggs;
- 2 russet potatoes or sweet potatoes, sliced;
- 1 onion, sliced;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 cup ham, cut into cubes;
- 1 bell pepper, diced;
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced;
- Cooking fat ie: butter, olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Melt cooking fat in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sliced potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place the ham and bell pepper in the pan with the sliced potatoes. Stir and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and fresh parsley together, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the ham-potato mix in the loaf pan.
- Pour the eggs, on top of the ham mixture, place in the oven, and cook 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let rest 4 to 5 minutes before slicing and serving.